DO NOT have Your Pandora yet? Tell Us Your Order Date!

If you DON'T have Pandora - Tell us your order date! -- Preordering starts exactly at 2008-09-30 14:

• I got my confirmation email before 2008-09-30 14:30 UTC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • before 2008-09-30 15:20 UTC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I ordered in May 2009, I have no idea what my speculated position in the queue is.

before 2009-02-28 midnight UTC (2 votes [3.51%] - View)

before 2009-03-30 midnight UTC (1 votes [1.75%] - View)

before 2009-04-30 midnight UTC (0 votes [0.00%])

before 2009-05-30 midnight UTC (1 votes [1.75%] - View)

before 2009-06-30 midnight UTC (0 votes [0.00%])

before 2009-07-30 midnight UTC (0 votes [0.00%])

before 2009-08-30 midnight UTC (0 votes [0.00%])

before 2009-10-30 midnight UTC (1 votes [1.75%] - View)

before 2009-12-30 midnight UTC (2 votes [3.51%] - View)

Voted before 2010-02-28 midnight UTC (2 votes [3.51%] - View)

before 2009-04-30 midnight UTC (3 votes [5.26%] - View)

before 2010-06-30 midnight UTC (2 votes [3.51%] - View)

after 2010-06-30 midnight UTC (9 votes [15.79%] - View)

I ordered from shop.gp2x.de (6 votes [10.53%] - View)

N/A: earlier. (28 votes [49.12%] - View)
Is there an error.

I've ordered my pandora on :

Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:46:37 +0000

I really don't know we're I'm in the queue....

NO, pandora# 1000 has to ship yet

2453, is a number pulled out of ED's sales software, it means absolutely nothing, except it goes up, and when it reaches *your* number, you should get your pandora soon. See the link, linked to in the first post of the link on gp2x.de i linked to above (euh, wtf) use translate.google.com it's in german
Yeah, I noticed it was in German.

Am I not right, then, to expect mine in about six weeks?

Ordered at 14:43 UTC (10:43 US-East). Still haven't gotten mine - was quoted at around 400-500.

I ordered at 2200 September 30th. I've been told 650-750 and that was 9 months ago. Hopefully I see it soon. If 1000 units have been shipped where is mine :)

I ordered at 16:34 (UTC) on September 30th 2008 and I've also been told that I'm 650-750. These queue positions feel somewhat random BUT with returns, the different queues (Craig,ED and Fatih), people 'jumping' the queue by buying one nubbers, press samples and people who have ordered multiple Pandoras, the queue positions don't really help much do they. IF the Pandoras had really been flying out of the factory who would really have cared, but there are still delays.

I had hoped to be seeing my Pandora very soon. BUT if there are people around 300-400 still waiting as this thread suggests, its not feeling likely.

Trying to be patient for now.

I ordered mine in May, number 3700ish, forgot about it for about 2 months....

It'll get here when it gets here, I have a backlog of games to finish anyway....

I ordered mine in May, number 3700ish, forgot about it for about 2 months....

It'll get here when it gets here, I have a backlog of games to finish anyway....
May this year? If so I'm a little further up the queue than I thought. I finally ordered in (I think) January this year and assumed I was at 39xx.

I really wish I'd ordered on day one when I had the chance, I just assumed I'd be able to get one pretty quickly in 2009 :rolleyes:

I ordered recently (a month ago?), and this is a VERY scary poll... but production has just recently stepped up, right?

I ordered recently (a month ago?), and this is a VERY scary poll... but production has just recently stepped up, right?
I believe as soon as the nubs have got the all clear the floodgates will open :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way we can see how many have been shipped, to date? Having a sort of 'progress gauge' would be pretty cool.

I don't suppose us late buyers are getting any closer, are we? At my position of 3800 - 4000, with < 1000 sent since MP started in May, when shipping started, I'm rapidly becoming less and less convinced that this first batch will be finished in October like we've been told.

I know. Some of the people here have been waiting for them since 2007, and I only ordered in May. But I ordered it not as a long-term project to wait for and look forward to, I ordered it as a device that was actually starting production.

Sorry for the rant, but I payed out my money thinking it was going to be shipped maybe a month later. I'm a student with hardly any money, so it was a massive amount for me to pay.

Is there a way we can see how many have been shipped, to date? Having a sort of 'progress gauge' would be pretty cool.

I don't suppose us late buyers are getting any closer, are we? At my position of 3800 - 4000, with < 1000 sent since MP started in May, when shipping started, I'm rapidly becoming less and less convinced that this first batch will be finished in October like we've been told.

I know. Some of the people here have been waiting for them since 2007, and I only ordered in May. But I ordered it not as a long-term project to wait for and look forward to, I ordered it as a device that was actually starting production.

Sorry for the rant, but I payed out my money thinking it was going to be shipped maybe a month later. I'm a student with hardly any money, so it was a massive amount for me to pay.
I think that's the idea of this poll, to see where we're up to by comparing dates.

I'm not much further ahead in the queue than you, and I'll be very happy if I get it before Christmas. If it comes sooner, great, I'll be very very happy! It's best to think of the dates given as best case scenario, otherwise you're likely to end up disappointed when it takes longer.

On the plus side, it does look as though production might be about to really take off...

**touches wood, crosses fingers, prays to our alien creators**

As the nubs are not quite there yet I think you're more likely to get the delivery during November. Still before Christmas.

The minimum unit of waiting is Two MonthsTM and never expect to have to wait just one of these. They always come in multiples.

As the nubs are not quite there yet I think you're more likely to get the delivery during November. Still before Christmas.

The minimum unit of waiting is Two MonthsTM and never expect to have to wait just one of these. They always come in multiples.
Bah. Considering I don't really know what I'd use the nubs for, I'm prepared to have one without any, as long as they send me working nubs when they're sorted, and I can solder them in myself. And I'm quite serious: provided I won't be soldering loads of tiny little pins I'm perfectly capable. I've done electronics projects before.

What's with the nubs, anyway? I hope the guys who're doing the Pandora go with another manufacturer for the second run, because the way these nubs are seems to be a bit of a joke.

[...]

What's with the nubs, anyway? I hope the guys who're doing the Pandora go with another manufacturer for the second run, because the way these nubs are seems to be a bit of a joke.
You're lucky you weren't here for the cases :p

You're lucky you weren't here for the cases :p
Actually, I've been lurking here since not long after the project was conceived. It's just that I decided to wait until they were starting production before ordering, that way I wouldn't be out of pocket for too long.

If I was to ask about getting one without nubs, and having the nubs sent to me when the problems were all overcome, would they do that? Thinking about what they're used for, I doubt I'd really use them - that's if I'm right in assuming they're used to control the mouse and as analogue game controls.

Back