Got My Email!

/copydir said:
so you are just days away from pandorapanic overdose!
Haha I wouldn't go that far... I've spent a LOT of time debugging and rewriting and such on that game... I don't think I'll be sat playing it solidly... but I want to see it run on actual HW. You have to remember that I have been coding PP! blind for over a year and half to two years(I think we feature froze for around 6 months just to focus on bugfixing)... having to run it on eeePC to even get a remote feel of how it shapes up on the intended platform. This is why I've been wanting feedback and videos and such.

I also want to grab a video of it running. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Writing Gaijin said:
OldGamer said:
My original confirmation email was received Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 4:07 PM.

Interesting… my original confirmation email was received Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 3:48 PM. Estimated to be between 300 – 400 for shipping (I'm based in London, UK). So pedants may suggest that we're both somewhere between the 300 - 350 mark…

…but you could go crazy splitting hairs like that. I've no shipping email as of yet but I'm giving myself a week or two longer before I start going stir crazy (E3 is only around the corner so that's keeping me occupied, and the World Cup starts soon, after all). Not to say I'd be unhappy to see an email come the next 24 hours.

Congrats on your shipping email, hope you enjoy the unit – don't forget the customary review when you get it ;-)
The timestamp on my original confirmation says Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 3:48 PM (BST), so that would suggest we're around the same mark. Still haven't recieved any shipping confirmation though.

cappuchok said:
The timestamp on my original confirmation says Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 3:48 PM (BST), so that would suggest we're around the same mark. Still haven't recieved any shipping confirmation though.

We're Pandora email twins (albeit in different countries :p)

"That makes us brothers... doesnt it?"

OldGamer said:
My original confirmation email was received Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 4:07 PM.
What timezone? :p

Got my shipping confirmation E-mail!

Original order confirmation email:
Tue 9/30/08 10:39 AM Eastern Time (UTC -05)
From GBAX.com

Approximate place in line: 250-350 (verified 5/23/10)

Shipping confirmation email received: Thu 6/03/10 9:28 AM Eastern Time (UTC -05)
Upgraded to ups, no tracking number yet.

81df04001bf24ce5b846105.gif

WizardStan said:
OldGamer said:
250-350, located in the UK.
Those numbers mean nothing, since the range is so wide and seems to have been pulled out of the aether to begin with. What time did you receive your confirmation email? That's likely to lead to a much more accurate estimate for others.

I can attest to this observation, I was estimated to be in the 250s and was very lucky to be in the first 50, so it does appear to be the loosest of estimates. This does equate my furious attempts to place my order during the melt down though!

My email has finally arrived! Order time: 30 September 2008 14:24:20

Hello,

This is to confirm your 22 Pandoras have been shipped.

If you are in the UK you can look forward to recieving your order in the next 24 hours (weekends not always included), if you chose UPS shipping you should recieve your order in the next 48 hours (weekends not included). Airmail will take 2-12 days.

We want to thank you for sticking with the Pandora project for all this time. We hope you will enjoy the final product. You can head over to gp32x.de to talk on the forums and soon enjoy your Pandora.

Thanks so much,

Craig and the Pandora team.

MonkeyChops said:

From GBAX.com

Shipping confirmation email received: Thu 6/03/10 9:28 AM Eastern Time (UTC -05)
Ohh WTF.... I ordered 9/30/08 2 minutes before you!

MonkeyChops said:
From GBAX.com

Interesting, if my math is right, that would be 16:39 BST (which is UTC +01). So Writing Gaijin and myself should be getting emails shortly, if the shipping order corresponds reasonably well to the ordering time. Here's hoping...

Seeing as some people have bought more than one some even bought as much as 22... :blink:
Would the place in line been calculated into this or would it be "one person one spot in line" even though they bought more than one?

Doh... a couple more days on top of the couple more days because the number of available(non-faulty nub) units was miscalculated. So Monday/Tuesday it will be shipped and not today/tomorrow... boo! :(

But at least it's coming soon... again.

Alerino said:
he was joking, thomas
i must have read somewhere that preorder was limited to 2 units

Yeah, it was a silly spur of the moment amendment when I pasted the my shipping mail. Just the one Pandora for me..

Bryce Leo said:
MonkeyChops said:

From GBAX.com

Ohh WTF.... I ordered 9/30/08 2 minutes before you!
ya and I got my order confirmation 5 minutes before him! I hope mine is in the mail just with out the email.....

Back